Theres nothing better than being able to make something simple quickly that makes a big impact. This easy crochet ear warmer headband is beautifully textured using the crunch stitch. It works up super quick and can be resized to any size. This free crochet pattern that will have your head and ears nice and toasty this winter.
I hope you enjoy today’s tutorial and be sure to tag me @sigonimacaroni if you decide to make this pattern or any of the patterns in the 12 Days of Crochet Christmas series!
This easy crochet ear warmer headband is included in my 12 Days of Crochet Christmas roundup! If you’re looking for more quick, crochet gift ideas for the holidays, be sure to check out the other 11 patterns here.
This post may contain affiliate links, please view my disclosure policy for details.
- Get the 12 Days of Crochet Christmas PATTERN BUNDLE HERE
- PIN this pattern to your Pinterest boards for later HERE.
- Hobby Lobby’s I Love This Yarn! (medium weight #4; 100% acrylic; 252yds)
- Mid Green
- 6mm Crochet Hook
- Tapestry needle
*All Sigoni Macaroni patterns are written in standard US terms *
- Ch – chain
- Hdc – half double crochet
- Rep – repeat
- Sk – skip
- Sl st – slip stitch
|US TERMS||UK TERMS|
|Half Double Crochet (hdc)||Half Treble Crochet (htr)|
- Your starting chain will be the width of your headband. Add more chains if you’d like it to be wider and less chains if you want it to be shorter.
- The number of rows will be the length and should measure about 3 inches less than the head circumference for whoever you’re making it for
- Approx 3 inches wide x 17 inches long
- Half Double Crochet Tutorial
- Crunch Stitch Picture Tutorial
- Easy Crochet Ear Warmer Headband Video Tutorial
- Ch 2 at beginning of row counts as a stitch
- The pattern is written for the average women’s size. Read over the “resizing” section to customize your headband.
- Reference the video tutorial or premium PDF for step by step photos and more detailed resizing options.
Easy Crochet Ear Warmer Headband Free Crochet Pattern
Row 1: Ch 13, sl st 3rd ch from hook, *hdc next ch, sl st next ch. Rep * down row
Row 2: Ch 2, turn. Sk first st, *sl st next st, hdc next st. Rep * to last st. Sl st to top of turning ch.
Rows 3-67: Rep Row 2 (or until you reach your desired length)
Fold in half, slip stitch rows together. Tie off and weave in ends
I hope you enjoyed today’s tutorial on how to make an easy crochet ear warmer headband! If you made this pattern, I would love to see it! Tag me over on Instagram @sigonimacaroni or post your photos inside our community Facebook group.
Check out the rest of my quick, crochet gift ideas for the 12 Days of Crochet Christmas here!
This pattern is an original pattern by Sigoni of Sigoni Macaroni. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use but please DO NOT sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me and provide a link to my blog www.SigoniMacaroni.com. Thank you for being respectful and for your understanding!