Christmas is coming and you are so excited to start listening to Christmas music, walk the chilly streets gazing at lights tossed along trees and houses, snowmen lounging in various front yards (real or inflatable), chestnuts roasting on an open fire… You know. The usual. And as exciting as it is that Christmas is almost here, you have just a hint of anxiety because you waited until last minute to go Christmas shopping and you have absolutely no idea what to get them. Well, that’s what I’m here for! I’ve brought you this Crochet for Christmas Gift Guide to make it easier for you to charm your friends and family with your thoughtful handmade gifts!
Creating something with your own two hands is one of the best gifts you can give someone. You’re not only handing them a stunning handmade gift, but your handing over the time you spent, the love, and the hard work you put in to achieve that gorgeous one-of-a-kind Christmas gift!
The Crochet for Christmas Gift Guide is filled with numerous FREE patterns for you to choose from for five different groups of people. We have crochet gifts for Mom’s to Be and New Moms; Boyfriends, Husbands, and Guy Friends; Children; Your own Mother or Mother-in-Law; and, of course, the Harry Potter Freak. Because come on, it would be easier to ask who ISN’T a Harry Potter Freak.
Let’s get you ready to make some Christmas presents, shall we!
Crochet for Christmas Gift Guide
Mom’s to Be and New Moms
There are many crochet items you can make for newborns and babies, including blankets, beanies, and stuffed animals (like this super cute Lamb from Sewrella), but mom gets enough baby items throughout her pregnancy. How about, in addition to that soft and snuggly blanket, you make something for HER!
- Slippers – Consumer Crafts
- Simple V-Stitch Crochet Scarf – Sigoni Macaroni
- Support Pillow – Heart Hook Home
- Boob Beanie – Oxford Fam
- Doorstop – Annaboo’s House
Boyfriends, Husbands, Guy Friends
We all know men can be extremely hard to buy for, but if you make something for them, they usually love it. Especially if it’s a gag gift like the Beverage Cozy Mitt, which I’m sure is actually pretty darn useful!
- Unisex Crochet Slipper Boots – SHTF Preparedness
- Novi Fedora Hat – Lthingies
- Beverage Cozy Mitt – Niftynnifer
- Basic Men’s Slouch Hat – Meg Goebel
- V-Neck Sweater – KnittedPatterns.com
Personally, I think children’s items are the most fun to crochet! Most of them don’t take too long to complete and there are so many fun character faces, stuffed animals, and vibrant colors to choose from!
- Classic Stuffed Bunny – 1 Dog Woof
- Dinosaur Hooded Sweater – Kitty’s Kreations Boutique
- Frankenstein Drawstring Backpack – Sigoni Macaroni
- Hooded Baby Blanket – Make and Do Crew
- Crochet Snuggle Sacks – Yarnspirations
Whenever I start to make a Christmas list, my main focus (besides my husband and son) is my mother and mother-in-law. Personally, I think they appreciate handmade items the most because they understand how much thought and effort goes into it!
- The Granite Cardigan – All About Ami
- Vintage Coasters – Anabelia Craft Design
- Mod Heirloom Crochet Blanket – Mama in a Stitch
- Star Stitch Purse – All About Ami
- Vintage Style Crochet Blanket – Dada’s Place
The Harry Potter Freak (me!)
I’m including this category not only because I’m a tad obsessed, but because there are so many other Harry Potter lovers out there! (I actually have a whole board dedicated to Harry Potter crochet over on my Pinterest account if you’re interested 😉 These are some favorites I’ve collected.
- Harry Potter C2C Afghan – Crafty Ridge Designs
- Harry Potter Coffee Cozy – Hooked on Homemade Happiness
- Dobby the House Elf – Lucy Kate Crochet
- Hogwarts House Scarves – Food Fun Family
- Harry Potter Ragdoll Collection – Spin a Yarn Crochet