Ibotta, Ibotta, Ibotta. Why I wish I would have known about you sooner! I can’t even tell you how much this mighty fantastic, money-saving app has saved me. Well, actually I can! If you are someone who buys groceries (um, everyone?) or someone who is a crafter (that’s you!) or literally anyone else… this app WILL save you hundreds of dollars this up coming year IF you know how to use it! And that is what I’m here for. I am about to give you the COMPLETE Guide to Saving Easy Money with Ibotta, ESPECIALLY if you’re a Crafter!
I started using Ibotta about a year ago and it has already saved me a great deal of money. What’s even better is I’ve recently discovered even MORE benefits so I know I will save even more this year! How can you not get excited about something like that?!
There are two things I want to address before I get into the nitty gritty.
One, this isn’t a get-rich-quick kind of app. If you’re looking for that, I’m going to stop you right there. This app gives you an amazing opportunity to save some dough you would otherwise lose, even if it’s just a few dollars at a time. Over time though, those dollars will rack up! I’m tellin’ you. I’ve seen it.
The second thing is, this is going to be a LENGTHY post. But only because I want to show you the ins and outs of this app so you can start saving up to go on that Universal trip you’ve been dying to go on! Yes, that’s what I’m saving up for. Can I get a HOO-RAH for Harry Potter?!
Never heard of Ibotta?
If you haven’t heard of this app, Ibotta is a FREE app that gives you cash back on every day purchases. It is available on both iPhone and Android. Not only does it save you money on every day Groceries (which is what the app is most known for), but you can also save even more on Craft Supplies and TONS of other things.
This is why I know for a fact that you will benefit from this app. Tell me, how many times do you run to the craft store to buy baskets of yarn!? For me, it’s like every week.
All right, are you ready for the Complete Guide to Saving Easy Money with Ibotta? If so, sit back and grab some coffee ’cause like I said, this is gonna be a lengthy one!
This post uses affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission on products purchased through links clicked on this post at no extra cost to you. This helps keep this site running, so thank you for your support in this way!
The COMPLETE Guide to Saving Easy Money with Ibotta
Since you are more than likely a Crocheter, let’s start with Joann. I know that there are tons of craft stores out there and some areas only have certain stores. Joann Fabrics happens to be the only craft store that accepts Ibotta so I HOPE that you have one near you. This week I took a poll over on my Instagram to see where you purchase your craft supplies the most. As of right now it’s looking like 36% shop at Joann while the other 64% browse elsewhere. Which is totally fine because I shop everywhere too! But if you do have a Joann Fabrics near you, you should compare prices and see if you can get better deals through Ibotta!
If you don’t have a Joann near you, that’s okay! You can still save in other ways. I know us crafters love supporting other makers through their Etsy shops and Ibotta has a deal with Etsy as well! I just found out about this the other day!
If you do have a Joann Fabrics near you, let me tell you a little about their deals. Girl, (I assume you’re a girl. If not, then Boy…) I have saved SO much money at Joann with this app. They used to offer 10% cash back, which was insane, but they recently dropped it down to 4%. This is disappointing since I saved so much money with the 10%, obviously, but 4% is way better than 0%! I believe you are allowed to use this coupon once a month. I THINK I might have used it twice in a month before, but I’m not sure if that was a glitch on their part. So as a safe bet, I’m going to say that you can use it at least once a month. If you try it before I get the chance, let me know if you can do it twice a month! 😉
Plan out a months worth of supplies that you will need (especially if you run your own Etsy Shop) and buy them in bulk, once a month. I saved a ton that way on top of other coupons I had!
Additionally, they don’t only offer 4% cash back. They also have additional coupons for certain yarn and craft supplies as well!
And then there’s Etsy
For any purchase you make on Etsy through the app, you will receive 2.5% cash back. I cannot believe I didn’t know about this before but I am so glad I do now (Maybe it’s a new feature? That would make more sense). I love supporting my fellow makers so I am always browsing Etsy when I’m looking for gift ideas.
The Military Commissary and Joann Fabrics are the two main places I use Ibotta, but you can also save at Clothing Stores, Online Stores, Warehouse Memberships, Amazon, and even your Traveling adventures! There are SO many options on this app that you can benefit from.
Some of the Retailers who Participate in Ibotta’s Program
- Military Commissary
- Sam’s Club (including their Membership Program!)
- Joann Fabrics
- Best Buy
- And SO many more. You’ll have to check them out for yourself to get the full list!
Not only do they have each of these amazing stores for you to choose from, but they also give you the chance to earn BONUS money. I take advantage of these every month. Some bonuses they currently have are: Redeem any 4 offers within a set time frame and earn an extra $2. OR Spend $40 at Charlotte Russe, Earn $5 back. These are always changing, but there are always around 25 bonuses to choose from!
One consistent bonus they have is the Monthly Levels. For Level 1, you have to Redeem 10 offers that total $10 and you will receive an extra $1. This is usually easy for me to reach each month. I try to make sure I redeem at least 3 rebates for each shopping trip. With careful planning, you could earn more. More on that later! When you beat Level 1 you’ll upgrade to the next level where you can earn even more.
The Best Way to use Ibotta when Grocery Shopping
Here is the low-down: Step-by-step instructions to saving easy money with Ibotta if you’ve never used it before.
- Open the Ibotta app
- Choose the local grocery store you normally go to
- Browse the items they give cash back for
- Go shopping
- When you come home, open the app, click redeem, and choose your store. Sometimes I go back in and browse the store items once more to make sure I didn’t miss any that I ended up buying while I was there. Am I the only one who doesn’t actually go by my grocery list? You won’t be able to add additional items after you click redeem.
- Depending on the store you will either scan the barcode of the receipt or you will take a picture of the entire receipt. After it’s done processing, it will tell you it matched some rebates. Sometimes they miss one or two so I always double check by clicking “add more” to go over my list and make sure they didn’t miss any. If they did, simply choose the item and scan the barcode of that individual item and it’ll be added.
That’s it! You’ll get cash back credited to your account within minutes. This money stays in your Ibotta account until you’re ready to have it sent straight to your bank account.
Before we move on, let’s talk about Step 3 for a second. You can do this one of two ways.
- You can go through their items and then create your grocery list based on what they have available.
- OR you can write out your grocery list and then take a look at the app and see if the items you want are on there. If they have anything else you want to grab, add it. Keep in mind they have categories separating each which makes it a lot easier to go through.
There are a few other things I wanted to mention to show you how easy it is to earn this extra cash!
- At (I’m pretty sure) any Grocery Store they have a coupon for ‘Any Item’ that qualifies for $0.25 cash back
- Lately I’ve also been seeing a lot of items that can you get ‘Any Brand’ of. For instance, Snack Bars are one of them this month. Other times I’ve seen them on Salad Dressing, Produce, or Frozen Pizza.
- Another thing I love is when they combine two different products together to give you a greater deal. For example, this month if you purchase Frozen Pizza and Elysian (I assume that’s beer?) on the same receipt, you would get $2.00 cash back and that’s on top of the cash you would get back from the frozen pizza on its own.
- They also have a section under Amazon where you can sign up for Amazon Prime’s Annual Membership and receive a $20 Gift Card from Amazon! If you don’t want to commit to that, you can also get a 30-Day Free Trial for Amazon Prime here.
All right I’m finally done
I’ve known about Ibotta for years now, but it’s only been about 7 months or so since I really started utilizing it the way I should. So far I have saved $136!
That is already an incredible amount of money to me. Just imagine if half of that time wasn’t spent learning and trying to figure out the app before using it to its full potential! You know how I mentioned that Amazon mobile was a part of their program? Well, I buy from Amazon a LOT. If I was smart and went through Ibotta this whole time, I would have racked up a good amount of extra money!
Don’t be discouraged if you only save a few dollars each time you go. Depending on how many times you go shopping and how many mouths you have to feed, it could be more! Either way this money piles up and just imagine when you’re able to use it to go on vacation! Personally, I’m not withdrawing any of my money until I have enough!
The Best Part? You’ll Receive a $10 Welcome Bonus!
If you use my referral link and redeem an offer, you will receive a $10 Welcome Bonus! That’s a free $10 even if you don’t decide to keep the app. 😉
Did you enjoy this guide to Saving Easy Money with Ibotta?! I hope this was easy to understand and if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask! ‘Cause I’m pretty much a pro now! 😉 The app is free and there are literally no charges for anything so there’s no reason NOT to try it out! If you do, I promise it will be extremely beneficial for you! If you don’t like it, just delete it! No commitment whatsoever. But I do hope this helps you save up for your next vacation!
Have you used Ibotta before? If you have, how much money have you saved or what did you spend it on?! Let me know in the comments below! Do you have a friend who is a cheapskate (like me!) and tries to find every little way to save money? Share this guide with them!